Articles posted by George Bowman


Medications used for myofascial pain syndrome include: Pain relievers. Over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen sodium (Aleve) may help some people. Or your doctor may prescribe stronger pain relievers. Some are available in patches that you place on your skin. Antidepressants. Many types of antidepressants can help relieve pain.

read more

Chiropractic and immediate pain relief

The application of spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) is a cost-effective and widely recognized manual intervention used by a variety of health care professionals in the management of musculoskeletal pain. A growing body of scientific evidence supports the use of SMT for the treatment of a broad range of musculoskeletal disorders citing short-term antinociceptive (pain-relieving) effects

read more

What kind of doctor should I see if I have myofascial pain syndrome?

The most effective and well-educated physician in myofascial pain syndrome is more often a physiatrist, especially one specializing in pain management.  Some physicians specializing in occupational injury seem to have greater training and understanding of myofascial pain syndrome as well.  This is from my 25 years of working with Bay Area physicians as a team

read more

Riddiford St, 6021

Newtown, Wellington

+64 4-385 5999

Call us today!

Opening Hours

Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 17:00

Appointment Booking